|Notice on New Measures for China-bound Travelers|
As from 8 January 2023, the Embassy of China in Belgium (hereinafter referred to as “the Embassy”) will adopt new measures for China-bound travelers as follows:
1. Nucleic Acid Test (PCR)
Travelers are required to take nucleic acid test and the sampling time should be within 48 hours before boarding the direct flight from Belgium to China. Those tested negative can take the flight. Travelers are no longer required to obtain health code from the Embassy before departure. Those who tested positive need to postpone their travel until they have a negative test result.
2. Health Declaration to China Customs
Travelers tested negative need to declare their negative PCR test result by any of the following ways:
(1) scanning the QR code below
(2) using the “China Customs” APP
3. Entry Inspection
Nucleic acid tests and quarantine will no longer be conducted on travelers upon arrival.
The Embassy will further facilitate the application for Chinese visas for various purposes, including diplomatic, official, crew, permanent residence, non-commercial visit, transit, commercial, family reunion or short visit, personal affairs, study and work.
(1) The aforementioned measures apply to all China-bound travelers by international flights with scheduled landing time after 00:00 (including) on 8 January 2023. Travelers who plan to take the flight HU492 from Belgium to China on 7 January 2023 does not need to apply for HDC QR codes from the Embassy.
(2) Travelers are advised to strengthen self-precaution during the journey to minimize the risk of getting infected.